Normandy, Brittany & The Loire Valley - Preview 2022
Normandy, Brittany & The Loire Valley – Classic Group, 2022
Investigate Normandy’s role in the 1066 and 1944 invasions that changed the course of history. Explore the beautiful city of St-Malo, the chteaux of the Loire and gleaming Paris.
- Paris: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at a local restaurant in the heart of Paris for a delightful Welcome Dinner, served with wine.
- Saumur: Fun and informative, discuss the grape varieties and local terroir while sampling wines of the Loire Valley.
- Chateau de Rochecotte: At Chteau de Rochecotte you will enjoy a delicious Celebration Farm-to-Table Dinner, prepared with fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Normandy: Choose between visiting the D-Day Museum in Arromanches and seeing the remnants of the artificial port in the bay or alternatively, visit the Bayeux Tapestry Museum and learn about the epic story of William, Duke of Normandy becoming the King of England.
Top Rated Highlights
- Rouen: See the cathedral, the Great Clock, the Old Market square and Place du Vieux-Marché where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.
- Honfleur: See this charming fishing town.
- Mont-Saint-Michel: Savour your first sight of the fortified island of Mont-Saint-Michel. Cross the causeway for a guided tour with your Local Expert through the maze of halls and vaults of the abbey.
- Pointe du Hoc: Follow the route of the Rangers, visit the bunkers and the Rangers Memorial.
- Omaha Beach: With a Local Expert, spend a few reflective moments at the American Military Cemetery of Saint-Laurent.
- Saint Malo: Your Local Expert guides you trough the intertwined streets of the walled city to arrive at the cathedral. Later enjoy the chance to walk along the fortifications and explore the cities nightlife at your leisure.
- Angers: Enjoy exploring the western gateway to the Loire Valley in the little town of Angers and see its imposing chateau.
- Loire Valley: Enjoy a scenic drive through the Loire Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is known as the Jardins de France thanks to a wide variety of beautifully-manicured gardens that decorate the grounds of elegant estates. Visit France’s finest formal gardens that surround Villandry Castle, standing beside the Cher River.
- Chateau d’Azay-le-Rideau: During your visit to Chteau d’Azay-le-Rideau, your Local Expert will show you the subtle blend of French tradition and innovative Italian decor within this 16th century icon of the Loire Valley.
- Chartres: Inside magnificent Chartres Cathedral, marvel at the stained-glass windows, a riot of rich blues and reds, justly considered the finest medieval glass in France.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Paris
Rouen, Honfleur and Deauville
Normandy Beaches and D-Day Landings
Mont-Saint-Michel and Saint-Malo
Scenic Drive Along the Loire Valley
La Beauce and Chartres to Paris, City of Light
Au Revoir Paris